Many people will do everything they can to acquire their dream home, but have you thought of how you might protect it from damage or theft? House insurance is the easiest way to protect your home.

Regardless of your mortgage lender, buildings insurance will be a compulsory condition of your mortgage, and must be in place before any contracts can be exchanged. Buildings insurance, however, is important for more than just your mortgage – it’s how you can protect your home and your family should your property suffer damage in the event of a fire, flood, storm, subsidence, theft or even vehicle collision.

Our advisors will always help you ensure that your house insurance is precisely suited to the level of cover required by you and your circumstances. Whether you only want buildings insurance, a combined buildings and contents insurance policy, or a landlord’s building policy if you are looking to rent out your buy to let property, we will always make sure that we find the best arrangements for your situation.

About Us

We collectively have over 100 years of experience in arranging mortgage policies and products, so why not find out a little more about us and how we could help you protect your home and family.

Find out more about our team

Protection Guide

House insurance is only one way to protect your home and family. Our Protection Guide can provide more information on how to make sure you’re suitably protected.

Read our Protection Guide

Contact Us

If you’d like to invest in buildings or contents insurance, find out more information, or if you’re just considering your options for the future, please get in touch today. Our services are always free.

Get in touch

What Our
Customers Say

Buildings insurance is essential to your mortgaged property. As a compulsory condition of any mortgage lender, failing to renew your buildings insurance at any point during the term of your mortgage can lead to some serious repercussions, including the potential repossession of your property. It is your responsibility to maintain this renewal, but we will initially help ensure you find the best policy for your circumstances and that your property is insured for its full rebuild value.

Many buildings policies also come with a combined contents cover policy, but contents insurance can also be purchased separately. Contents insurance will ensure that the contents of your home are covered in the event of fire, flood, theft, or a range of other scenarios which might result in the damage or loss of your possessions. Certain insurance policies will also have specific cover for high value items such as family heirlooms or artwork, as well as technology, jewellery and even cash and credit cards. If you have garages, outbuildings or outdoor storage such as sheds, policies can also be fitted to cover the contents of these locations. Should your contents suffer damage or loss as per your insurance policy, your insurer will typically offer replacements as new, and some insurers even have insurance options for accidental damage.

If you are a landlord looking to purchase a buy to let property with a mortgage, however, your mortgage lender will require you to have landlord’s buildings insurance. This is a special type of buildings insurance designed specifically for landlords, that works in a similar way to normal buildings insurance, but can also cover against any damage caused by tenants. As with any other buildings or contents insurance policy, we will ensure that you get the right type of cover for your personal situation, as well as helping you throughout the entire application process.

House Insurance Help!

Do you have questions about house and contents insurance? You might find the answer here or in our Protection Guide. If you have further queries, however, please call us for free.

  • 1. If I have a mortgage, should I have house insurance?

    Buildings insurance will be a compulsory condition of your mortgage lender. Whether you also choose to have contents insurance, however, is up to you.

  • 2. Can I get house and contents insurance if I don’t have a mortgage?

    Yes! Regardless of whether or not you have a mortgage, your home may still be at risk of fire, flood, weather damage, theft, or a number of other scenarios. Home and contents insurance can ensure that should your property and contents suffer some level of damage or loss, you are able to repair and replace as needed.

  • 3. Do I need other insurance?

    You will always require buildings insurance as a condition of your mortgage lender, but the amount of contents or additional life cover you choose to invest in is completely your decision.

    The amount of protection you invest in should depend on your budget and circumstances. For example, if you are a single person who rents a property, your insurance needs will differ greatly to a family with a mortgage. If you are unsure of the level of protection you need, or want to learn more about different types of protection, feel free to call us for free, or take a look at our Protection Guide.

  • 4. Do I need landlord’s insurance to rent out my property?

    If you are purchasing a buy to let mortgage, your mortgage lender will require you to have landlord’s building insurance, which will protect the building the mortgage is secured against in a similar way to normal buildings insurance.

  • 5. When should my cover start?

    It’s never a good idea to delay any form of protection. It’s always best to get your cover in place as quickly as possible as you never know what might happen in the future.

    Some forms of life insurance and income protection might also take a little more time to put in place than insurance for your home or contents, so it’s best to prepare sooner rather than later.

  • 6. How do I apply for home and contents insurance?

    We believe all aspects of mortgages and protection should be as stress and hassle free as possible. We will help you find the right cover for your circumstances and complete the application process for you. Our services are also always free, so we will never charge you for the help we provide.

We care as much about your home as you do

Let us help you find a mortgage that’s tailored to your life.